Friday 8 November 2013

City Square

The city square is a great place to sit on a warm day when you need a break from your shopping. And is the place where the Christmas lights go on, and where the German Beer festival takes place each year.

Here it is in the 1970's


I'm not entirely sure when the road that went round the square was taken away, I always remember it being available only to pedestrians, so I'm guessing it must have been in the late 80's or VERY early 90's. 

I remember my mum would take me down to the wishing wells on a Saturday after our mc Donald's and shopping trips, and we'd make a wish each and throw our coin in, it was a nice way to finish the afternoon!

Here's a photo of City Square probably taken around the late 2000's


Notice the entrance to the long gone Arcade, which has been demolished. And never again will you see Tayside House poking out above the Caird Hall, it was demolished in the summer of 2013.


These rather unique statues have been placed just outside city square. Some people don't like them but I think they look really unique!






No comments:

Post a Comment