Friday 8 November 2013

The Stack Leisure Park, Lochee

The Stack Leisure Park was really good in the 90s, but as the years wore on the places started to close down, till eventually it just looked dead.

In the 90's, there was: The Odeon Cinema, The Mecca Bingo (which is still there), Tesco (with a cafe), The Megabowl, Fattie Arbuckles, The Venue, Busters & Buzzz Bar.


The ODEON cinema closed first, after two big cinemas opened in Dundee, Cineworld (UGC at that time) and ODEON in Douglas which have over 10 screens each, so there wasn't much need for cinema's elsewhere. This cinema along with various other smaller cinema's were all closed down.



I lived in Ardler and the bus that took me into the city centre always went through the leisure park, and I used to like looking at the artwork on the signs of the buildings!





I used to love going to the bowling when I was younger! It had a wimpy and an arcade type of thing when you first walked in, and a bar which was down to the right, and the zap zone was down to the left, then obviously the alleys straight ahead. It was a really great place; I don't know why they closed it down.

Here's a few snaps of the megabowl to refresh your memory!



Anyway things can't stay the same forever. I haven't actually been up to this area in quite a while but I've heard the place has been regenerated with new shops like Aldi and Home Bargains, and a new garden centre. Well all I can say is thank god, the place really needed a bit of TLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment