Friday 8 November 2013

Nightclubs

Dundee's nightclub venues have pretty much stayed the same since the 1970's, but have had a series of name changes. 

Fat Sam's has been around for quite some time, the only change being the Live @ Fat Sam's venue.


What we now know as Liquid was previously the Mardi Gras, the exterior to the building hasn't changed all that much, the only difference being that there's a side door called Envy which plays Urban/R&B music.



LONDON NIGHTCLUB



London nightclub was the first club I had been to, this was about 2007 or 2008, and I personally thought it was the best nightclub in Dundee at that time.


It had glass doors as you can see, then just beyond that was the ticket booth and a spiral staircase that took you up to the club.

 The layout of the club was really cool, neon type colours, sharp edges and swirls, and there were small corridor type walkways that took you to different parts of the club.



It was a really popular club, it was always jam packed and sometimes difficult to move about in, especially by the time the doors closed. There was also a ridiculously huge set of stairs near the dance floor which took you down to the smoking area on Euclid Street, and let me tell you, it could get pretty difficult to walk down that staircase by the time you were slaughtered! 

Prior to London it was called Circus, and for a short time after London closed down its name was changed to Cubic, but this didn't last very long. 

The place now remains empty :(

Deja Vu

What was Deja Vu, which is in the same place, is now simply called "The Vu"

This is a club I've never been to in Dundee, so I can't say wether the interior of the club has changed or not.




YUPPIES


Another club which I haven't been to, Yuppies was right next door to London Nighclub, and as far as I'm aware they played 80's music but I could be wrong on that one. Yuppies and London closed around about the same time, I think they may have been owned by the same company.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will surely going to share this URL with my friends.
    clubs γκαζι

    ReplyDelete